Each year United Way of St. Charles holds a campaign to mobilize the power of the community to develop resources that support programs and agencies throughout the year. United Way of St. Charles is commited to creating lasting changes in St. Charles Parish by focusing on the building blocks for a better life- EDUCATION, INCOME & HEALTH.
Click here to view Campaign Materials.
Click here to view Campaign Resources (Dropbox).
Click here to view our 2023 Campaign Video.
Benefits of a United Way workplace campaign
Running a United Way campaign benefits both your company and your community. Your business benefits by:
- Increased employee morale & teamwork Companies that run annual employee campaigns document higher morale and teamwork. Employees learn about services provided by UWSC and work together to plan and engage in fun activities to raise money as a company: cook-offs, raffles, games, and special incentives for donors. Our annual campaign kick-off event, Battle for the Paddle, is a community favorite!
- Tax benefits Our organization is a 501(c)3. All donations to United Way of St. Charles are tax deductible.
- Community & media recognition UWSC recognizes companies that hold campaigns in newspaper ads, press releases, online advertising, Facebook updates and on our website. We’re proud of the hard work our donors put in and like to recognize those making a difference.
- Networking opportunities Participating in United Way events allows businesses to become actively involved in St. Charles Parish. Our signature events, UWSC Bridge Run & Battle for the Paddle, are attended by thousands of parishioners and local businesses annually. We invite anyone who is interested to volunteer for one of our committees or our board of directors. These groups include members from Parish Government, local refineries, the Sheriff’s Office, the Public School System and more.
Our community will also benefit from your campaign by:
- Local focus. Your United Way gift stays in St. Charles Parish. UWSC supports 32 local partner agencies that serve St. Charles Parish residents.
- Wide impact. More than 40,000 people are served by United Way of St. Charles each year.
- Quality agencies. Our United Way ensures that your money funds quality agencies to address the most important community needs. Volunteers from across the region review agency budgets, programs and outcomes to ensure that our dollars have the most impact. A local Board of Directors guides the organization and leads its governance.
Why United Way?
We know you have many options when deciding how to invest your time and financial resources. Why United Way?
- Uncommon efficiency. Our United Way works hard to keep administrative costs low—more than 92 cents of every dollar contributed goes directly to help people in our community.
- No cost to you. We provide all of the resources you will need for your campaign—pledge forms, posters, guest speakers, brochures, etc. While some companies do choose to invest in their campaigns by offering incentives or giveaways, it is not required.
- Safety net. You may never know when you, a family member or a coworker will need help from a health or human service agency. That's why we cast a wide net of agencies we help -- from large agencies such as American Red Cross, Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts, to smaller, locally based agencies such as River Region Drama Guild, Alpha Daughters of Zion & Creative Family Solutions.
- Resources. Our staff is here to help in any way possible. Our goal is to make your campaign successful, and we'll walk with you every step of the way.
Ready to try a workplace campaign? Contact Melissa Perrier at 985-331-9063 or email@example.com.