- About Us
- Our Work
- Special Events
- Campaign Central
- Contact Us
UWSC Governance Committee
Chair: Nicole Day
The committee provides human resource oversight and guidance for the Board, for both staff and volunteer issues concerning policy, procedures, recruitment and training, as well as staff hiring, administration and compensation. The group also provides an assurance role to enable the Board to meet all regulatory requirements affecting employees and volunteers.
The purpose of this committee is to:
- Establish and periodically review the organization’s personnel policies to assure these are effective and properly practiced, and assure that staff compensation & benefits programs remain effective and competitive.
- Assure that employment practices, policies and procedures adhere to the legal and regulatory requirements applicable to UWSC.
- Serve as a resource to the Executive Director and Board on human resource issues.
- Identify and recommend training opportunities for the staff and Board of Directors.
- Recruit potential Board and committee members, and nominate a slate of officers for election by the Board at appropriate intervals.
- Develop annual goals and action plans for improvement.