The United Way of St. Charles Battle for the Paddle is being held on Thursday, October 5, 2017 at the Edward Dufresne Community Center in Luling.
Please see below for parking, shuttle, & traffic info:
Motorists are encouraged to carpool and park in the parking lots off of Judge Edward Dufresne Parkway. These lots include:
- Satellite Center Parking Lot- after 3 p.m.
- R.K. Smith Middle School Parking Lot- after 3:30 p.m.
- SCPPS Public Schools Maintenance Facility Parking Lot – after 3 p.m.
- SCP West Bank Bridge Park – All Day
- SCPPS Performing Arts Center Parking Lot- All Day
- Handicapped parking is available in the lot adjacent to the festival at the Performing Arts Center.
*Please note, vehicles are not allowed to park along the shoulder of LA18 (River Road).
A FREE shuttle service will be provided from 4:30pm to 7:30pm. Shuttles will pick up from the below locations and drop off at North Entrance of the Judge Edward Dufresne Community Center. Riders will be returned to their vehicles upon leaving the event. The return shuttle bus stop is located at the intersection of Judge Edward Dufresne Parkway & LA 18 (River Road) and the West Bank Bridge Park at the Main Entrance Gate.
- SCP West Bank Bridge Park
- St. Charles Parish Public Schools Central Office (Corner of LA18 and Judge Edward Dufresne Parkway)
Motorists should expect extreme traffic delays when travelling along LA18 (River Road) to I-310. When possible, it is advised to utilize the alternate routes of US 90 to I-310 or LA 3127 to I-310.